People often ask me similar questions like these

I am flexible any Celebration can have a Ceremony. On the website there are a range of ceremonies listed including Funerals, Renewal of Vows, Commitment, Naming Days, Transitions, House Blessings. The list is endless, it depends on your idea and our creativity.

No. There is no law binding you to change your name, this is your own decision to keep your own name.
Legally you need one month's notice before the wedding date. Notification of Intention to Marry form needs to be completed this is valid for 18 months. If you wish to be married under the one month period there is a procedure required by law where an application for Shortening of Time must be made to an appropriate authority, such as a magistrate who will make a decision based on five criteria as stated in The Marriage Act 1961. This decision is final.
Yes. You need two (2) people over the age of 18 and they must provide evidence of their age by providing the Celebrant their birth certificates.
No. Currently The Marriage Act 1961 has no provision recognising same sex marriage. The definition is: 'the union of a man and a woman, to the exclusion of all others, voluntarily entered into for life.' I am duly authorised by law to solemnise marriages according to law. Until such time legal provision is made to recognise same sex marriages I am able to provide you with a Commitment Ceremony that has no legal binding and will not be registered in Australia. If you are ready to publicly declare your love for each. The ceremony will be about the couple declaring their commitment to each other in a sensitive, memorable and professional manner.
My fees are based on assisting you to have a stress free day, taking care to make sure your day will be memorable, the time it takes to craft the wording, research suitable texts, offering a number of styles of ceremony from which you may select one, individualising the wording to your choice, advising on aspects of ceremony, travel within a 30 km radius, phone calls, stationary, handling and submitting documents to the appropriate authorities on your behalf. These are displayed on the website. The Booking Fee is non-refundable, if you cancel your wedding I am happy to re-negotiate another time with you.
No. Traditionally fathers have handed their daughter's care over to the new husband and this is known as 'giving away.' Today many brides choose who they want to give them away. Often they walk alone, or the couple walk in together into the ceremonial space.
This is known as getting all your ducks in a row. This time allows people to make sure everyone knows what is expected of them and to make sure the ceremony is conducted smoothly, no mistakes and no stress on the day. It does not need to be held at the venue although that would be ideal. If the wedding party respects you as a couple they should be willing to do this for you. It is in everyone's interest to attend a rehearsal. A rehearsal forms part of the planning. Remember failing to plan is planning to fail.
The bride signs her maiden name on all documents signed leading up to and on the day.
Yes. Contact the local Council to enquire about booking fees, public parking and restrictions? This may include public parking, noise and toilet facilities. It is advisable to book public space with the authorities to ensure that space is allocated to you for the time required. This is your responsibility. To avoid ugly scenes it has been known when public spaces have not been booked, others have invaded the space as people think the space is as much their right.
The Attorney General's department on behalf of the Attorney General outlines information for couples to ensure you both understand each others' values, goals and expectations of your new life together. A list of pre-marital education providers will be given to you.
You can only be married once. The marriage is recognised in that country. In Australia I can offer you a renewal of Vows Ceremony or a Commitment Ceremony that can be part of your Celebration Wedding Party.